Monday, August 16, 2010

Throwing UP on you!!

Whenever I have a problem I do what my friend Kiersten would call as throwing up on you. It's pretty much putting your feelings out there like they really are, and today is one of those days. So i'm throwing up on my blog. This is also a journal for me so if you don't want to hear me complain don't read this!!:) Today is garrett's first day of work. We had no idea what to expect, they never told him exactly what he'll be doing and when he'll be doing it. Today he went to work and found out he'll be working 60 hour weeks. Yes you heard right 60 HOURS!!! not just occasionally but that's his regular work week. I had expected it to be more than forty but i sure didn't think sixty that is for sure. So today i became a single parent i guess. I'm so grateful for the job because the alternative is way worse, but seriously I don't enjoy CA at all. It is super duper expensive and there is a tax on everything. So we'll be poor here to to say the least.
I went to take out the trash the other day and there was a bum going through our trash. I thought oh that is a little weird, but maybe we have awesome trash. I took the kids to the park today and there were three bums there, and a psycho yelling at a squirrel who supposedly was in his engine. Oh and did I mention that someone got their wheels jacked off there dodge magnum sat night. Oh yeah it happened the car was sitting on cinder blocks when we left for church with a police car out there. They had a car wash down the street for a funeral. This old woman had not very many clothes on and was screaming "carwash for a funeral" i have to say that was a first for me. What a mess I tell ya. So pretty sure i'm really glad we only signed a seven month lease here and i'm starting to look elsewhere to live. You would think for $1000 a month you could find something pretty nice well not here. We have roaches in our kitchen, so i have to pack everything up again and leave for four hours, i'm not sure where the heck i'm gonna go, but i guess i'll figure it out!! The grass is always greener on the other side. We couldn't wait to get out of rexburg. I'm so glad to have a paycheck and to be on with real life. Change is good, but hard. On a happy note i really like our ward so far. We met a lot of people yesterday and what a concept everyone knows everyone(our ward is rexburg was gi freaking normous). There is only one nursery instead of six (yes we had six nurseries in our ward in rexburg). We had plenty of people come up and introduce themselves which I was so grateful for. Brecken couldn't wait to get to nursery and then I think he realized his "teachers" weren't there from rexburg and he didn't know a single kid. Garrett went in with him and after about 20 mins and lots of balls and firetrucks garrett snuck out. I hope I find some friends fast or else our days are going to be awfully long here. We have a ward pool party (cool huh) on sat. We are def. going and hopefully we'll meet more people there. Our ward is small which i wasn't sure i was going to like, but i really do so far. That's the highlight of CA thus far. So hopefully the roaches are gone soon and aren't coming from the used sectional we just bought, we make new friends quickly, and garrett really doesn't end up working 60 hour weeks all the time. Welcome to Reality Tashina!!!:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are getting settled. I am sure you will find some friends soon. I can't lie I like Idaho better than Cali and I grew up there. Good luck with life.

Alan and Kiersten said...

HAHAHA you're so funny! i'm glad you're taking "throwing up on you" into the blogosphere! awesome. sorry it's hard right now. it WILL get better!! it will just take some adjusting. hang in there...or move back. ;) haha. love you!